Thursday, March 20, 2008

Oof.

I'm back in the studio.
I realized today it's been just over two months since I've touched it. That was the night I sat down at my table and realized my relationship was over---attempts were made after that, of course, to "fix things," but it was finished---my heart, and the Beck cd I was listening to at the time, told me so.

I have DRAWN since then. Sure. But not in the studio. For one thing, my chair was heaped with ex-boyfriend move-out craziness---for another, I would step in and remember just countless hours of working on a collaboration... and the cold realization that it wasn't enough to hold onto.

Bear with a girl while she has another sip of cabernet.

Anyway, tonight I threw all the crap off my little chair and put my butt back in it. I turned on the old music and sang along to it. It's good to be back.

No comments: